Friday, January 13, 2006

A New Award

Today, I hereby announce the creation of the Bruce Ackerman Award for Political Advocacy Disguised As Scholarly Authority. We dedicate this award to the Sterling Professor of Law and Political Science at Yale University because he has perfected the art of using his academic position and stature to engage in political advocacy disguised as learned scholarship. The best specimen I have ever seen is his brilliant piece in the London Review of Books claiming that Clarence Thomas, Antonin Scalia, and Robert Bork are Neo-Conservative jurists! So with that, look forward to the very first award. A hint: like Ackerman, it will be a Yale Law Professor.

2 Comments:

Blogger DavidP said...

Are you another incarnation of Mobius Strip ? I came across a comment of yours on my blog exactly a year later and have just responded to you there.

Leaders and opinion  ---

3:55 PM  
Blogger Abc said...

Thank you for your comment and response. Yes, indeed, I am another incarnation (I've gotten my own digs here at Academic Infractions).

11:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home